Support Hamlin

Annual Fund

The Annual Fund is an annual fundraising drive that provides direct support to Hamlin’s operating budget. It is essential to the everyday functions of the School and is Hamlin’s top fundraising priority.
The Annual Fund sustains a diverse scope of program, including everything from academics, the arts, and athletics, to technology and outdoor education. It also supports our talented and dedicated faculty and provides the resources they need to bring outstanding educational opportunities to our girls.

What To Expect:

  • All current parents are solicited for the Annual Fund, as are grandparents, alumnae, alumnae parents, Board of Trustee members, faculty and staff, and friends of the School
  • Hamlin aims for 100% participation from all constituencies. Gifts of any amount are appreciated and vital to the fiscal health of the School

FAQ

List of 3 frequently asked questions.

  • Q. Why are we asked to give money when we already pay tuition?

    A. There is a sizable gap between the School's operating budget and the amount of money brought in by tuition. Hamlin works hard to moderate this gap by drawing on non-tuition revenues from facility rentals, endowment interest, and programs like After School Academy (ASA), Music Academy, and summer and vacation camp. The margin of difference between the overall gap and the amount of income produced by these revenues is approximately $1.2 million. Voluntary giving to the Annual Fund accounts for 70% of this difference. Support of Parents Association events covers the remaining 30%, with these funds being restricted to Financial Assistance and Professional Development.
  • Q. Why does the School operate with a gap between the real cost and what it charges?

    A. The gap helps to moderate tuition increases and allows current families to make up the difference in cost with tax-deductible donations.

    The gap offers an opportunity for other constituencies within the Hamlin community to make charitable contributions.
  • Q. What are the ramifications of not supporting the Annual Fund?

    A. Since the Annual Fund helps to cover the cost of operating the School, lack of Annual Fund support may actually deprive students of essential education programs or the best possible teachers. In order to sustain Hamlin’s commitment to academic excellence, it is imperative that the School maintain a robust Annual Giving program.

Become an Annual Fund Volunteer!

The backbone of the Annual Fund is a strong team of parents, alumnae, grandparents, alumnae parents, faculty, and staff volunteers. Please contact the Advancement Office at 415.674.5449 to learn more about how to get involved in this exciting effort today!

Contact Information

The Hamlin School
2120 Broadway
San Francisco. California 94115
Tel. 415.922.0300 • Fax. 415.674.5409
Tax ID #: 94-1393894

Connect with Us

Our Mission

The Hamlin School educates girls to meet the challenges of their time and inspires them to become extraordinary thinkers and innovators, courageous leaders, and  women of integrity.

© 2016 The Hamlin School